Concept, origin and purpose of SAF-T
SAF-T (standard audit file for tax purposes) is a standard file, which contains accounting data, exported from the company’s accounting information system. It has been created by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) as an international standard for the transfer of accounting data to tax authorities and other accounting data users. SAF-T ensures provision of unified accounting data, creates conditions to automatize data transferring and analysis processes, and improve the quality and reliability of companies’ control actions.
SAF-T legislation in Lithuania
- Article 16 of the Law on Accounting;
- Resolution No 699 of 01 July 2015 of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania;
- Order No VA-49 of 21 July 2015 of the Head of the State Tax Inspectorate under the Ministry of Finance;
- Specification of XSD description of the XML scheme of SAF-T, as prepared by the State Tax Inspectorate under the Ministry of Finance.
- Update: Technical specification and XSD description of XML scheme of SAF-T
Specification of XSD description of the XML scheme for SAF-T was updated as well.